- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 248
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 0.42g
Mustardy pork & apples
- pork - 4 pork steaks, approx 140g/5oz each, trimmed of excess fat
- oil - 1 tbsp oil
- apple - 2 eating apples, cored and cut into eight
- onion - 1 onion, halved and sliced
- sage - small handful sage leaves, torn, or 2 tsp dried
- chicken - 100ml/3 1/2 fl oz chicken or ham stock (from a cube is fine)
- dijon-mustard - 2 tsp Dijon mustard or wholegrain mustard
- Rub the pork steaks with a little oil and season with pepper and salt to taste. Heat a large frying pan and fry the steaks for 2 mins on both sides until golden. Transfer to a plate. Adding a little more oil to the pan, fry the apples, onions and sage for 5 mins or until the apples have softened.
- Pour in the stock and spoon in the mustard, then return the pork to the pan and simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has reduced by about a third and the pork is cooked through. Serve with veg and mashed potatoes.
Lower sugar recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has pork, oil, apple, onion, sage, chicken and dijon mustard.