- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 446
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Sodium Content: 2g
Nasi goreng with sardines
- sardine - 4 sardines, gutted
- sunflower-oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- spring-onion - 6 spring onions, 4 chopped, 2 shredded
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- shrimp-paste - 1 tbsp shrimp paste
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp turmeric
- tomato-puree - 2 tsp tomato puree
- red-chilli - 2 red chillies, sliced
- rice - 400g cooked rice (250g uncooked)
- prawn - 85g small prawn
- soy-sauce - 1 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve (optional)
- coriander - large handful coriander leaves
- shallot - 3 tbsp crispy shallot flakes (optional)
- cucumber - finely sliced cucumber, to serve
- Heat the grill to high and brush the sardines with a little oil. Grill for about 4 mins on each side until lightly blistered and cooked through, then set aside.
- Heat half the remaining oil in a wok and cook the eggs to a thin omelette. Tip onto a plate to cool. Heat the rest of the oil in the same wok. Add the chopped spring onions, the garlic, shrimp paste, turmeric, tomato puree and half the chilli. Sizzle everything together to form a paste, then add the rice and prawns. Season with soy sauce and stir-fry for 5 mins until everything is combined and hot.
- Roll up the omelette and finely shred. Flake the fish into large boneless chunks. Stir the omelette ribbons and fish into the rice, then scatter over the shredded spring onions, remaining chilli, coriander leaves and crispy shallot flakes (if using). Serve the rice with extra soy, if you like, and finely sliced cucumber on the side.
Light supper recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has sardine, sunflower oil, egg, spring onion, garlic clove, shrimp paste, turmeric, tomato purée, red chilli, rice, prawn, soy sauce, coriander, shallot and cucumber.