- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 643
- Fat Content: 50g
- Saturated Fat Content: 29g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 26g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
Next level chocolate fondant
- butter - 200g butter, melted
- cocoa-powder - 3 tbsp cocoa powder, for dusting
- caramel-sauce - 50g caramel sauce
- dark-chocolate - 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- coffee - 4 tbsp very strong coffee powder (espresso is ideal)
- egg - 6 eggs, three whole, plus the yolks of 3 (freeze the leftover egg whites for another recipe)
- golden-caster-sugar - 75g golden caster sugar
- plain-flour - 50g plain flour
- pudding-basins - 6 small metal pudding basins
- Use 50g of the butter to brush the insides of the pudding basins. Put them on abaking trayand transfer to the fridge to chill until the butter sets. Brush over another layer of the butter, then dust generously with the cocoa. Return to the fridge to set. Mix the caramel sauce with a good pinch of sea salt flakes, then chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Tip the remaining butter, the chocolate and coffee powder into a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stir the mixture until smooth, adding another small pinch of sea salt. Tip the whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar into another bowl and beat together using an electricwhiskuntil very pale - the whisk should leave a trail in the mixture when lifted. Sift in the flour, then gently fold in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the fondant mixture into the prepared basins until just about halfway full, then transfer to the freezer on a baking tray for about 20-25 mins, or until the mixture is just set. Add 1 tsp of the salted caramel sauce to the middle of each fondant, then top up with the remaining fondant mixture. Return to the freezer until frozen.Can be prepared up to two weeks ahead.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the fondants on a baking tray and bake for 15 mins until the tops have formed a crust and they are starting to come away from the sides of the basins. Remove from the oven, then leave to rest for 1 min before turning out onto warm plates. Sprinkle with extra sea salt, then serve straightaway.
Comfort food recipe for 6 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has butter, cocoa powder, caramel sauce, dark chocolate, coffee, egg, golden caster sugar, plain flour and pudding basins.