- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 501
- Fat Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 2.4g
Niçoise stuffed baguette
- large-egg - 3 large eggs
- tuna - 130g can tuna in olive oil, oil reserved
- baguette - 1 large flute or baguette measuring approx 54cm
- mayonnaise - 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- tomato - 3 tomatoes, ends trimmed, thickly sliced
- basil-leaf - 12-24 basil leaves (depending on how herby you like it)
- olive - 12 pitted Kalamata olives
- anchovy - 8 anchovy fillets
- shallot - 1 shallot, finely chopped
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- white-wine-vinegar - 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- dijon-mustard - 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Add the eggs and boil for 10 mins. Drain, then run the eggs under the cold tap to cool quickly. Carefully shell and cut the eggs into wedge-shaped quarters. Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the shallot vinaigrette with seasoning and stir in the oil from the tuna.
- Slice the loaf in half lengthways, but not all the way through, so it opens up like a book. Use your fingers to pull out any bread that easily comes away from the top half to hollow the loaf a little.
- On the bottom half of the loaf, drizzle over the vinaigrette. Stir the mayonnaise into the tuna and spread on top. Now layer in the tomatoes, basil, olives, eggs and anchovies.
- Tightly roll up in baking parchment and secure down the length with elastic bands or string. Press really well all the way down the loaf, then chill overnight. Cut into slices if feeding a crowd, or into 4 lengths.
Sandwich recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has large egg, tuna, baguette, mayonnaise, tomato, basil leaf, olive, anchovy, shallot, olive oil, white wine vinegar and dijon mustard.Add to Favourites