- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 524
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
No-cook festival burrito
- bulgur-wheat - 100g bulgur wheat
- cherry-tomato - 120g cherry tomatoes
- tortilla-wraps - 4 tortilla wraps
- kidney-bean - 215g can kidney beans, drained
- sweetcorn - 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- tofu - 200g smoked tofu (we used Taifun smoked tofu with almonds and sesame seeds)
- red-pepper - 50g grilled red peppers
- avocado - 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- tahini - 3 tbsp tahini
- lime - 1 lime, quartered
- chilli-sauce - chilli sauce to serve (optional), we used Sriracha
- scissors - scissors
- food-bag - 1 medium food bag
- camping-plates - camping plates, bowls and cutlery
- flask - flask of very hot water (min 100ml)
- Put the bulgur wheat into a bowl and add 100ml of boiling water. Cover and leave to soak for 35-40 mins.
- Put the cherry tomatoes into a food bag. Holding the end of the bag closed loosely with one had squish the tomatoes through the bag with the other - like popping bubble wrap. This should separate the juice from the rest of the tomatoes without making a mess or needing a knife and chopping board. Carefully pour the tomato juice into the bowl of bulgur wheat, reserving the tomato pieces inside the bag for later.
- When the bulgur wheat has finished soaking, give it a stir and season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl or cup mix the tahini with 3 tbsp of water to make a smooth, pourable sauce then set aside.
- Lay the tortilla wraps out onto a big board or onto four plates and divide the bulgur wheat, kidney beans and sweetcorn between them (try to keep the filling in the middle). Crumble the smoked tofu over the top then add the crushed tomatoes, grilled peppers, avocado pieces and a good drizzle of the tahini sauce, a squeeze of lime and some chilli sauce, if you like.
- Fold the right and left sides of the wrap in to the middle first and then roll the bottom all the way over to completely enclose the filling inside each wrap, push down to seal. Serve immediately with extra lime and chilli sauce on the side.
Vegetarian lunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has bulgur wheat, cherry tomato, tortilla wraps, kidney bean, sweetcorn, tofu, red pepper, avocado, tahini, lime, chilli sauce, scissors, food bag, camping plates and flask.