- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 146
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 15g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Oaty hazelnut cookies
- butter - 50g butter, plus a little for greasing
- maple-syrup - 2 tbsp maple syrup
- apple - 1 dessert apple, unpeeled and coarsely grated (you need 85g)
- cinnamon - 1 tsp cinnamon
- raisins - 50g raisins
- porridge-oats - 50g porridge oats
- spelt-flour - 50g spelt flour
- unblanched-hazelnuts - 40g unblanched hazelnuts, cut into chunky slices
- egg - 1 egg
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and lightly grease a non-stick baking tray (or line a normal baking tray with baking parchment). Tip the butter and syrup into a small non-stick pan and melt together, then add the apple and cook, stirring, over a medium heat until it softens, about 6-7 mins. Stir in the cinnamon and raisins.
- Mix the oats, spelt flour, and hazelnuts in a bowl, pour in the apple mixture, then add the egg and beat everything together really well.
- Spoon onto the baking tray, well spaced apart to make 9 mounds, then gently press into discs. Bake for 18-20 mins until golden, then cool on a wire rack.Will keep for 3 days in an airtight container or 6 weeks in the freezer.
Lower sugar recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has butter, maple syrup, apple, cinnamon, raisins, porridge oats, spelt flour, unblanched hazelnuts and egg.