- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 271
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Omelette pancakes with tomato & pepper sauce
- egg - 4 large eggs
- basil-leaf - handful basil leaves
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil, plus a little extra for the pancakes
- yellow-pepper - 1 yellow pepper, quartered, deseeded and thinly sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- cider-vinegar - 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- wholemeal-bread - wholemeal bread or salad leaves, to serve
- First make the sauce. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and fry the pepper and garlic for 5 mins to soften them. Spoon in the cider vinegar and allow to sizzle away. Tip in the tomatoes, then measure in a third of a can of water. Cover and leave to simmer for 10-15 mins until the peppers are tender and the sauce is thick.
- Meanwhile, make the pancakes. Beat 1 egg with 1 tsp water and seasoning, then heat a small non-stick frying pan with a tiny amount of oil. Add the egg mixture and cook for 1-2 mins until set into a thin pancake. Lift onto a plate, cover with foil and repeat with the other eggs. Roll up onto warm plates, spoon over the sauce and scatter with the basil. Serve with bread or a salad on the side.
Immune-friendly recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has egg, basil leaf, rapeseed oil, yellow pepper, garlic clove, cider vinegar, chopped tomato and wholemeal bread.