- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 380
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 66g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 1.02g
One pan spicy rice
- sunflower-oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- curry-paste - 2 tbsp medium curry paste (Madras is a good one to use)
- basmati-rice - 250g basmati rice, rinsed
- vegetable-stock - 450ml vegetable stock
- chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- raisin - handful of raisins
- spinach - 175g frozen leaf spinach, thawed
- cashew - handful of cashew nuts
- natural-yogurt - natural yogurt to serve, optional
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan that has a lid, then fry the garlic and curry paste over a medium heat for 1 minute, until it smells toasty.
- Tip the rice into the pan with the stock, chickpeas and raisins and stir with a fork to stop the rice from clumping. Season with salt and pepper, then cover and bring to the boil. Reduce to a medium heat and cook for 12-15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Squeeze the excess water from the spinach with your hands. Tip it into the pan along with 2 tbsp of hot water and fluff up the rice with a fork, making sure the spinach is mixed in well. Toss in the cashews. Serve drizzled with natural yogurt if you like.
Healthy rice recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, garlic clove, curry paste, basmati rice, vegetable stock, chickpea, raisin, spinach, cashew and natural yogurt.