- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 12 - 16
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 231
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Orange & passion fruit traybake
- margarine - 150g margarine or butter, plus extra for the tin
- caster-sugar - 150g caster sugar
- egg - 3 eggs
- self-raising-flour - 150g self-raising flour
- orange - 1 orange, zested and juiced
- mascarpone - 250g tub mascarpone
- icing-sugar - 1 tbsp icing sugar
- orange-juice - 4 tbsp fresh orange juice
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- passion-fruit - 2 passion fruit
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter and line a 20 x 24cm cake tin with baking parchment. Cream the margarine or butter with the caster sugar using an electricwhiskuntil light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Sieve in the flour and fold it in. Add the orange zest and juice, fold that in as well, then pour into the prepared tin, smoothing over the top. Bake for 25 mins until golden. A skewer should come out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Remove the cake from the oven, leave for 5 mins, then remove from the tin, peel away the parchment and leave to cool on awire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by mixing the mascarpone, icing sugar, orange juice and vanilla until smooth. Cut open the passion fruit, scoop out the seeds, then add half to the mix, reserving the rest.
- Use a palette knife to spread the topping over the cooled cake, then drizzle over the remaining passion fruit seeds.
Traybake recipe for 12-16 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has margarine, caster sugar, egg, self-raising flour, orange, mascarpone, icing sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract and passion fruit.