- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 492
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 69g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 2.66g
Oriental duck salad
- duck-leg - 1 duck leg
- chinese-five-spice-powder - 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- rice-noodle - 140g rice noodles
- celery - 1 celery stick, cut into matchsticks
- carrot - 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, sliced lengthways
- hoisin-sauce - 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- soy-sauce - 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Rub the duck leg all over with five-spice and seasoning, place on a baking tray and roast for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles following pack instructions. Drain and cool under cold running water, then drain again well and toss with the celery, carrot, cucumber and spring onions. When cool enough to handle, remove the duck meat and crispy skin from the bone and finely shred.
- To make the dressing, mix the hoisin and soy sauce with 2 tbsp water. Divide the noodles between two plates and top with the shredded duck. Drizzle over the dressing and serve.
Cheap cut recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has duck leg, chinese five-spice powder, rice noodle, celery, carrot, cucumber, spring onion, hoisin sauce and soy sauce.