Oriental steak salad
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- brown-sugar - 1 tsp brown sugar
- lime - 1 lime, juice only
- chilli - 1 fresh chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- thai-fish-sauce - a few drops of Thai fish sauce or light soy sauce
- herb-salad - 120g bag herb salad
- cucumber - a third of a cucumber, halved and sliced
- radish - 5 radishes, sliced
- coriander - 15g pack fresh coriander
- steak - 2 x 100-140g/4-5oz fillet steaks
- roasted-peanut - a handful of chopped roasted peanuts
- Whisk together the garlic clove, brown sugar, lime juice and the chilli. Add the Thai fish sauce. Toss the herb salad with the cucumber, radishes and the torn coriander leaves. Divide between 2 plates.
- Pan fry the steaks, trimmed of fat, for 4-5 minutes each side, rest, slice thinly and put on top of the salad. Tip the steak juices into the dressing, pour over the salad and scatter with the roasted peanuts.
Immune-friendly recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has garlic clove, brown sugar, lime, chilli, thai fish sauce, herb salad, cucumber, radish, coriander, steak and roasted peanut.Add to Favourites