- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 742
- Fat Content: 40g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Carbohydrate Content: 71g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Sodium Content: 1.25g
Orzo & mozzarella salad
- orzo - 350g orzo or other tiny pasta shape
- basil - 20g pack basil
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- parmesan - 25g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated, plus more to serve, if you like
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, very roughly chopped
- pine-nut - 50g toasted pine nuts
- mozzarella - 290g pack bocconcini (baby mozzarella balls)
- tomato - 100g semi-dried tomatoes, very roughly chopped
- rocket - 50g bag wild rocket
- Boil the orzo for 8 mins until tender, then drain and cool under cold water. Drain again, then tip into a large bowl. Meanwhile, tear the basil, stalks and all, into a food processor. Add the oil, Parmesan, garlic and half the pine nuts, then whizz to a thick pesto-like dressing.
- Stir the dressing through the orzo, then season. The dressing will seem quite thick, but keep stirring and it will eventually coat all the grains. Add the bocconcini, tomatoes and a handful of the rocket. Scatter with the remaining pine nuts and a little more Parmesan, if you like. Top with more rocket, then serve straight away.
Buffet recipe for 4 people, takes only 8 mins; recipe has orzo, basil, extra-virgin olive oil, parmesan, garlic clove, pine nut, mozzarella, tomato and rocket.