- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 471
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 81g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Orzo with spinach & cherry tomatoes
- orzo - 400g orzo pasta
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- celery - 1 celery heart, chopped
- red-onion - 1 red onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- cherry-tomato - 2 x 400g cans cherry tomato
- baby-spinach - 250g baby spinach
- black-olive - 10 black olives, halved
- dill - small handful dill, chopped
- mint - small handful mint, chopped
- Cook the orzo following pack instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain again and toss with half the olive oil.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saute pan. Add the celery, onion and some seasoning, and cook for 8 mins until soft. Add the garlic, cook for 1 min, then tip in the cherry tomatoes and simmer for 10 mins. Add the spinach, cover with a lid to wilt the leaves, then add the orzo, olives, dill and mint. Season and serve.
Healthy vegan recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has orzo, olive oil, celery, red onion, garlic clove, cherry tomato, baby spinach, black olive, dill and mint.