- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 212
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Paella arancini bites
- paella - 500g cold leftover paella or shop-bought
- plain-flour - 50g plain flour
- egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- breadcrumbs - 75g dried breadcrumbs
- smoked-paprika - 1 tsp smoked paprika
- vegetable-oil - vegetable oil or sunflower oil, for deep frying
- chorizo - 12 thin slices chorizo
- olive - 12 green Spanish olives
- With wet hands divide and shape the paella into 12 balls. If the paella is too loose, mix in a few tbsp breadcrumbs until it's thick enough to roll.
- Roll each ball in flour, dust off the excess, then dip in egg. Mix the breadcrumbs with the paprika and roll the balls in the crumbs, until well coated. Chill until you're ready to fry and serve, or for at least 30 mins to allow the rice balls to firm up.
- Fill a deep saucepan 3/4 full with oil. Bring up to 180C, or hot enough to brown a chunk of bread in 40 secs. Use a slotted spoon to carefully lower the arancini into the hot oil and cook for 3-4 mins until golden brown, then drain on kitchen paper. Don't overcrowd the pan or the temperature of the oil will drop.
- To serve, skewer each arancini with a folded slice of chorizo and an olive.
Sharing recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has paella, plain flour, egg, breadcrumbs, smoked paprika, vegetable oil, chorizo and olive.