- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 240
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 32g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Paillard of chicken with lemon & herbs
- chicken-breast - 6 skinless chicken breasts
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- balsamic-vinegar - 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- rocket - 140g bag rocket
- parmesan - 25g parmesan
- lemon - lemon wedges
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves
- rosemary - 3 rosemary sprigs, leaves finely chopped
- sage - 6 sage leaves, finely shredded
- lemon - zest 1 lemon and juice of 1/2
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of cling film or baking parchment. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to bash each piece of chicken - flatten out to an even layer about 0.5cm thick. Transfer to a dish.
- To make the marinade, crush the garlic with a good pinch of salt using a pestle and mortar. Add the rosemary and sage, and give everything a good pounding. Stir through the lemon zest and juice, olive oil and some ground black pepper. Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring that it's well coated. Cover and chill for at least 2 hrs.
- Heat the barbecue. Once the flames have died down, spread the coals out to an even layer. Cook the chicken for 1-2 mins each side. Transfer to a board and leave to rest for a few mins.
- Meanwhile, pour the oil and balsamic vinegar into a large bowl. Add the rocket and some seasoning. Toss together, then shave over the Parmesan. Serve the salad with the chicken, with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Low-carb recipe for 6 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has chicken breast, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rocket, parmesan, lemon, garlic clove, rosemary, sage, lemon and olive oil.