- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 296
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 1.9g
Pan-cooked feta with beetroot salsa & bean mash
- feta - about 100g vegetarian, light feta, thickly sliced
- flour - a little flour, for dusting
- rocket - 65g pack rocket
- beetroot - 250g cooked beetroot, diced
- red-onion - 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- lime - grated zest and juice 1/2 lime
- dill - 2 tbsp chopped dill, plus extra for sprinkling
- olive-oil - 1 tsp olive oil, plus a little extra for cooking
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- cannellini-bean - 400g can cannellini beans
- Mix the beetroot and the onion in a bowl with the lime zest, a good squeeze of juice, seasoning and dill.
- Heat the tsp oil in a non-stick pan and gently cook the garlic until softened then tip in the beans, and some of the juice from the can with seasoning. Mash the beans, keeping them quite chunky, then keep warm.
- Toss the slices of feta in a little flour. Heat a non-stick frying pan, wipe with a little oil then cook the feta for a few minutes on each side until golden and warmed through, flipping over to make sure they're cooked evenly. Spoon the bean mash onto plates, top with the feta and half the salsa then scatter with extra dill. Serve with the rocket on the side and the rest of the salsa in a bowl.
Low-calorie dinner recipe for 2 people, takes only 7 mins; recipe has feta, flour, rocket, beetroot, red onion, lime, dill, olive oil, garlic clove and cannellini bean.