- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 327
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 0.58g
Pan-fried pork with maple & mustard sauce
- pork-tenderloin - 2 pork tenderloins, about 300g/10oz each
- plain-flour - 1 tbsp plain flour
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- red-onion - 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- vegetable-stock - 200ml vegetable stock
- maple-syrup - 2 tbsp maple syrup
- wholegrain-mustard - 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- lemon - juice 1 lemon
- parsley - handful parsley sprigs (optional)
- Cut the pork into 3cm thick slices, season with salt and pepper, then lightly coat in the flour (the easiest way to do this is to put the flour and seasoning in a large food bag, add the pork and shake well). Heat the oil in alarge frying pan, preferably non-stick, then add the pork and quickly fry until it is browned all over. Cook the pork for about 5 mins, then remove to a plate and cover with foil while you make the sauce.
- Add the onion to the pan (with a touch more oil if needed), then quickly fry until lightly coloured, add the stock, then bring to the boil. Boil hard for a couple of minutes to reduce the stock a little, stir in the maple syrup, mustard and lemon juice, then bring back to the boil, stirring well.
- Return the pork to the pan and gently simmer for a further 3-4 mins until it is cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley, if using.
Healthy pork recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has pork tenderloin, plain flour, olive oil, red onion, vegetable stock, maple syrup, wholegrain mustard, lemon and parsley.