- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 259
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
Pancetta & pepper piperade
- pancetta - 2 x 70g packs pancetta pieces
- red-onion - 1 red onion, finely chopped
- pepper - 3 peppers, 1 each of green, red and yellow, deseeded and finely diced
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- tomato-puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- egg - 4 medium eggs
- basil-leaf - small handful basil leaves, shredded
- crusty-bread - crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Put the pancetta and onion in a large, deep frying pan. Cook for 7 mins until the onion is beginning to soften.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes and tomato puree to the pan and mix well. Season, cover and cook for 10-15 mins.
- Make 4 small wells in the mixture. Crack an egg into each well and cook for a further 5-6 mins or until the eggs have set. Scatter with basil and serve straight away, with crusty bread, if you like.
Dairy-free breakfast recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has pancetta, red onion, pepper, chopped tomato, tomato purée, egg, basil leaf and crusty bread.