- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 146
- Fat Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 26g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.14g
Panna cotta with apricot compote
- gelatine - 3 level tsp gelatine (or veggie gelatine or agar agar)
- soya-milk - 500ml soya milk (we used So Good)
- lemon - zest 1 lemon
- vanilla-pod - 1 vanilla pod, split
- rum - splash of rum brandy
- golden-caster-sugar - 50g golden caster sugar
- apricot - 350g ripe apricot
- caster-sugar - 50g caster sugar
- Sprinkle the gelatine onto 3 tbsp water and soak for 5 mins. Scrape the seeds out of the vanilla pod into the pan and put the pod into the milk. Put the soya milk, zest, vanilla pod, sugar and rum into a pan. Heat until the liquid just comes to the boil (if using veggie gelatine, you'll need to bring it to the boil - check pack instructions), then remove from the heat and stir in the gelatine. Cool for 10 mins. If the gelatine clumps together, whisk thoroughly. Strain the milk mixture, then divide between 4 ramekins. Cover and refrigerate until set (approximately 2 hrs).
- Halve and stone the apricots. Put the sugar and 150ml water into a pan, then heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add the apricots and cook over a gentle heat for 12-15 mins or until the apricots are soft, then leave to cool. Serve in a dish alongside the panna cotta.
Dairy-free recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has gelatine, soya milk, lemon, vanilla pod, rum, golden caster sugar, apricot and caster sugar.