- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 69
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.09g
Parmesan, poppy seed & caraway twists
- gluten-free-flour - 175g gluten-free flour (we used Doves Farm, widely available)
- butter - 85g butter
- cayenne-pepper - pinch cayenne pepper
- egg-yolk - 1 egg yolk mixed with 3 tbsp cold water
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- parmesan - 3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- caraway-seed - 1 tbsp each poppy seeds and caraway seeds
- To make the pastry, put the flour, butter and cayenne pepper into a food processor, then whizz into fine breadcrumbs. sprinkle the egg and water mixture onto the flour, then pulse again until the mixture begins to come together. tip the mixture onto a board and gently squeeze the pastry until it begins to come together in a ball, adding more water if it feels dry.
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. roll the pastry into a large a4-sized rectangle, roughly 20 x 30cm. Brush the sheet with the beaten egg and cut in half widthways. Sprinkle one half with the Parmesan and the second half with poppy and caraway seeds. lightly run the rolling pin across the top to press the cheese and the seeds into the pastry. Cut each half into 12-15 sticks. arrange on a baking sheet and chill for 10 mins.
- Bake for 8-10 mins until golden brown, then cool for 5 mins before lifting onto a wire rack.
Low FODMAP recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has gluten-free flour, butter, cayenne pepper, egg yolk, egg, parmesan and caraway seed.