- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 220
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Parsley omelette with olive ricotta
- cherry-tomato - 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- sherry-vinegar - 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- egg - 4 eggs, beaten
- parsley - 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- ricotta - 100g ricotta
- parmesan - 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- black-olives - 6 black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- Heat oven to 150C/140C fan/gas 2. Reserve 6 tomatoes and cut the rest in half. Place the tomato halves, cut-side up, in a roasting tin.
- Mix together the vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil. Drizzle all over the tomatoes and lightly season. Cook for about 1 hr until they are beginning to dry out a little (which really concentrates their sweet flavour).
- Meanwhile, chop the reserved tomatoes into quarters and tip into a bowl. Add the eggs, parsley and some seasoning, then combine. Brush a medium non-stick frying pan with some of the remaining oil. Place over a medium heat, pour in 1-2 spoonfuls of the egg mixture and swirl to cover the base. Cook for 2 mins until golden, then flip over with a palette knife and heat for just 1 min to cook the other side. Remove to a plate and repeat with the remaining mixture. You will be able to make 3-4 omelettes, depending on the size of your pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, half the oven-dried tomatoes, the Parmesan and olives. Lay the omelettes on a board and divide the cheese mix between them. Roll up like a cigar (wrap in cling film and chill if serving later) and cut into 3cm pieces. Push a skewer through to hold the omelette together, top with an oven-roasted tomato half and serve.
Party food recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has cherry tomato, sherry vinegar, olive oil, egg, parsley, ricotta, parmesan and black olives.Add to Favourites