- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 553
- Fat Content: 47g
- Saturated Fat Content: 28g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.36g
Passion fruit trifle
- mascarpone - 250g tub mascarpone
- golden-caster-sugar - 50g golden caster sugar
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- double-cream - 284ml carton double cream
- passion-fruit - 9 passion fruits
- orange - 1 orange, juice only
- brioche - 3 thick slice of brioche loaf or plain sponge cake
- peach - 3 peaches, thinly sliced
- Beat the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk double cream until it is softly whipped. Fold mascarpone mix into the whipped cream, then set aside.
- Cut 8 passion fruits in half, scoop pulp into a small bowl and stir in the orange juice. Slice the crusts off the brioche and cut each slice into quarters.
- Lay the brioche (or cake) in the bottom of a trifle dish or glass bowl. Top this with a half of the passion fruit pulp and half of the peach slices, then spoon over half of the mascarpone cream. Repeat the layers once more (keeping a few peach slices back), topping off with a layer of mascarpone. Use the pulp from the last passion fruit and the reserved peach slices to decorate. The trifle will keep in the fridge for up to a day (decorate just before serving).
Easy entertaining recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has mascarpone, golden caster sugar, vanilla extract, double cream, passion fruit, orange, brioche and peach.