- Serving: 4 as a starter or light lunch
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 501
- Fat Content: 37g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15g
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Pea & burrata salad with preserved lemon salsa
- broad-beans - 200g broad beans (shelled weight)
- peas - 200g peas (shelled weight)
- mint - 1 mint sprig
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, white and green parts separated and both finely sliced
- burrata - 2 balls burrata
- pea-shoots - handful fresh pea shoots
- olive-oil - 6 tbsp olive oil
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- preserved-lemon - 1 preserved lemon, finely chopped
- sugar-snap - 10 sugar snap or mangetout, finely sliced
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- mint - small bunch mint, leaves picked and finely sliced and some small ones left whole to serve
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the broad beans for 2-3 mins, then drain and plunge immediately into a bowl of ice cold water. Once cool, use your nail to pierce the skin, then squeeze the bright green beans out of their shells into a bowl.
- Bring another pan of water to the boil and cook the peas with the mint sprig for a couple of mins, then drain and mix with the beans. Stir through the spring onion whites, season to taste and set aside. Tip the peas and beans onto a serving platter and top with the whole burrata balls.
- To make the salsa,whisktogether the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, preserved lemon and a good pinch of salt and pepper until well emulsified. Stir through the sugar snaps or mangetout, spring onion greens, chilli and sliced mint, then spoon over the burrata.
- Scatter over the pea shoots and garnish with the extra mint leaves. Put in the centre of the table and let everyone help themselves - the burrata will dress the peas with its creaminess and the dressing will cut through the richness.
Summer salad recipe for 4 as a starter or light lunch people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has broad beans, peas, mint, spring onion, burrata, pea shoots, olive oil, lemon, preserved lemon, sugar snap, red chilli and mint.Add to Favourites