- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 572
- Fat Content: 43g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20g
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Peanut butter chicken
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- skinless-boneless-chicken-thigh - 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- red-chillies - 2 red chillies, finely sliced (deseeded if you don't like it too hot)
- ginger - 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- garam-masala - 2 tsp garam masala
- peanut-butter - 100g smooth peanut butter
- coconut-milk - 400ml can coconut milk
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- coriander - 1 small bunch coriander, 1/2 roughly chopped, 1/2 leaves picked
- roasted-peanut - roasted peanuts, to serve
- basmati-rice - cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Brown the chicken in batches, setting aside once golden. Fry the garlic, chilli and ginger in the other 1 tbsp oil for 1 min. Add the garam masala and fry for 1 min more.
- Stir in the peanut butter, coconut milk and tomatoes, and bring to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan and add the chopped coriander. Cook for 30 mins until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with the remaining coriander, roasted peanuts and rice, if you like.
Freezable family recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, skinless boneless chicken thigh, garlic clove, red chillies, ginger, garam masala, peanut butter, coconut milk, chopped tomato, coriander, roasted peanut and basmati rice.