- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 768
- Fat Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15g
- Carbohydrate Content: 115g
- Sugar Content: 76g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.05g
Pear & blackberry crumbles
- pear - 700g (or 4 large) ripe English pear, peeled and cubed
- golden-granulated-sugar - 100g golden granulated sugar
- blackberry - 250g blackberry
- plain-flour - 200g plain flour
- unsalted-butter - 100g unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- pistachio - 85g shelled pistachio, roughly chopped
- demerara-sugar - 100g demerara sugar
- ice-cream - ice cream, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Place the pears in a medium-size pan, add the granulated sugar and cook on a medium heat until the fruit starts to soften and releases its juices, about 10 mins. Add the blackberries and bring back to the boil, then remove from the heat. Spoon the fruity mixture into 4 individual ovenproof ramekins, or 1 large baking dish.
- Place the flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and rub together with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the pistachios and demerara sugar, then stir to combine.
- Sprinkle crumble evenly over the cooked fruit. This can be done up to 1 day ahead, or frozen for up to 1 month. Bake for 20-25 mins if small, 40 mins if large, until golden. If baking from frozen, add 15 mins cooking time. Remove from the oven, cool slightly, then serve with ice cream, if you like.
British recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has pear, golden granulated sugar, blackberry, plain flour, unsalted butter, pistachio, demerara sugar and ice cream.