- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 592
- Fat Content: 28g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 56g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Sodium Content: 2.6g
Pepper, pesto & sweetcorn calzones
- bread-mix - 500g pack bread mix
- passata - 100g passata
- red-pepper - 290g jar roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- frozen-sweetcorn - 100g frozen sweetcorn
- mozzarella - 125g ball mozzarella, torn into pieces
- parmesan - 50g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- basil-leaf - handful basil leaves, torn
- pesto - 50g pesto
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- salad-leaf - dressed salad leaves, to serve
- Make up the bread mix to pack instructions, reserving a little of the flour for dusting, and leave to prove for 30 mins.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Tip the dough onto a floured surface and cut into quarters. Roll each ball of dough to a circle, roughly 20cm wide. Spread a little passata over each base, leaving a border of about 1cm around the edge. Season well.
- Top with the peppers, sweetcorn, mozzarella, Parmesan, basil and blobs of pesto. Fold each base in half, to make a half-moon shape, then squeeze the edges together, rolling them a little to stick and create a seal. Cover the tray with cling film and leave for 10 mins. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Brush the calzones all over with beaten egg, then bake for 25-30 mins or until puffed and golden brown. Serve with dressed salad leaves.
Family meal recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has bread mix, passata, red pepper, frozen sweetcorn, mozzarella, parmesan, basil leaf, pesto, egg and salad leaf.Add to Favourites