- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 549
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 81g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 3.4g
Peri-peri chicken pilaf
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- skinless-boneless-chicken-thigh - pack of 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into large chunks
- seasoning - 2 tbsp peri-peri seasoning
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic-cloves - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- basmati-rice - 350g basmati rice
- chicken-stock - 500ml hot chicken stock
- pepper - 3 peppers (any colour you like), sliced into strips
- tomato - 3 large tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- parsley - small pack parsley, roughly chopped
- red-chillies - 2 red chillies, sliced (optional)
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Rub the chicken with 1 tbsp of the peri-peri and brown in the pan for 1 min each side until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook on a gentle heat for 8-10 mins until soft. Add the garlic and remaining peri-peri, and give everything a stir. Tip in the rice and stir to coat.
- Add the stock and return the chicken to the pan. Add the peppers and cover with a lid, then simmer gently for 25 mins until cooked. About 5 mins before the end of cooking, add the tomatoes.
- Stir through the parsley, scatter over the chillies (if you like it spicy) and serve with lemon wedges.
One-pot recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, skinless boneless chicken thigh, seasoning, onion, garlic cloves, basmati rice, chicken stock, pepper, tomato, parsley, red chillies and lemon.Add to Favourites