- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4, plus leftovers for 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 527
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 71g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 48g
- Sodium Content: 0.46g
Pesto chicken kebabs with roasted veg pasta
- butternut-squash - 1 butternut squash, around 700g/1lb 9oz, halved, deseeded and cubed
- courgette - 2 courgettes, cubed
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- red-pepper - 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 2cm/1in pieces
- thyme - 4 thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- chicken-breast - 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2cm/1in pieces
- lemon - juice 1 and a 1/2 lemons
- pesto - 4 tbsp pesto
- cherry-tomato - 16 cherry tomatoes
- penne - 600g penne pasta
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/ gas 6. Put the vegetables into a large roasting tin. Scatter with the thyme and season. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and roast for 40 mins, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, soak 8 wooden skewers. Put the chicken into a shallow dish, then mix with the lemon juice and pesto.
- Thread the chicken and tomatoes onto the skewers, then put onto a roasting tray. Drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and roast for 20 mins, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through. Boil the pasta. Toss half of the roasted vegetables and pasta together, then serve with the pesto chicken kebabs.
Family meal recipe for 4, plus leftovers for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butternut squash, courgette, onion, red pepper, thyme, olive oil, chicken breast, lemon, pesto, cherry tomato and penne.