- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 672
- Fat Content: 37g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 45g
- Sodium Content: 1.6g
Pesto-crusted cod with Puy lentils
- basil - large pack basil, leaves only
- garlic-cloves - 4 garlic cloves, 2 whole, 2 crushed
- pine-nut - 25g pine nuts
- lemon - 1 lemon
- olive-oil - 50ml olive oil
- cod - 2 cod fillets
- red-chillies - 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- tomato - 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- puy-lentils - 250g ready-to-eat Puy lentils
- First, make the pesto. In a food processor, pulse the basil, whole garlic cloves, pine nuts, the juice of half the lemon and some seasoning, gradually adding most of the oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4 and line a roasting tin with foil. Season the cod on both sides and coat each fillet in the pesto. Cook for 8-10 mins until a crust has formed and the cod is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a small saucepan. Add the crushed garlic and the chillies, and cook for a couple of mins to release the flavour. Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 min more. Tip in the lentils, squeeze over the other half of the lemon, then season. Cook until piping hot and serve with the pesto cod.
Healthy dinner recipe for 2 people, takes only 8 mins; recipe has basil, garlic cloves, pine nut, lemon, olive oil, cod, red chillies, tomato and puy lentils.