- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 750
- Fat Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 94g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 2.73g
- rice-noodle - 400g thick, dried, flat rice noodle (banh pho), we used Thai Taste rice noodles from Waitrose
- garlic-clove - 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- coriander - 1 small bunch coriander, stems or roots finely chopped, leaves reserved
- vegetable-oil - 50ml vegetable oil
- prawn - 200g raw prawns, peeled
- turnip - 85g pickled turnips, chopped (optional)
- sugar - 1 tbsp sugar
- egg - 3 eggs, beaten
- oyster-sauce - 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- fish-sauce - 2 tbsp fish sauce
- beansprout - 300g beansprouts
- lime - juice 1 lime
- spring-onion - 1 bunch spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- peanut - 100g roasted peanuts, crushed
- red-chilli - 3 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Soak the noodles in cold water for up to 2 hrs, then drain and set aside. Using a pestle and mortar, pound the garlic with the chopped coriander stems or roots.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. When shimmering, add the garlic and coriander mix. Stir for a few moments, then add the prawns and pickled turnip, if using. Cook for 30 secs, then add the sugar. Add the noodles and stir for 1 min, making sure everything is well mixed. Add the eggs and cook for 2 mins more.
- Pour in the oyster and fish sauce, then add the beansprouts, lime juice, most of the spring onions, most of the roasted peanuts and most of the chilli. Toss and cook for around 2 mins, then serve scattered with coriander and the rest of the chilli, peanuts and spring onions.
Thai recipe for 4 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has rice noodle, garlic clove, coriander, vegetable oil, prawn, turnip, sugar, egg, oyster sauce, fish sauce, beansprout, lime, spring onion, peanut and red chilli.