- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 278
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 27g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Pimm’s jelly jars
- gelatine-leaf - 9 gelatine leaves
- apple-juice - 600ml apple juice
- golden-caster-sugar - 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
- pimm's - 250ml Pimm's
- strawberries - 6 strawberries, hulled and chopped
- mandarin-segment - 298g can mandarin segments in juice, drained
- single-cream - 200ml single cream
- semi-skimmed-milk - 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- cucumber - 6 thin slices of cucumber, to serve (optional)
- mint - mint sprigs, to serve (optional)
- Put 7 gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water and set aside to soften for 5 mins. Meanwhile, heat the apple juice in a small pan with half the sugar until steaming. Remove from the heat, squeeze out the water from the gelatine, then add it to the pan, 1 leaf at a time, stirring until dissolved. Add the Pimm's and stir again.
- Divide the strawberries and mandarin segments between 6 jam jars, pour over the apple juice and Pimm's mixture , then put in the fridge to set for at least 4 hrs.
- When the jelly has set, soften the remaining gelatine as before. Heat the cream, milk and remaining sugar in a pan until steaming. Squeeze out the water from the gelatine, add it to the pan and mix well. Set aside to cool for 10 mins. Pour the cream mixture over the jellies, then chill for 1 hr.
- Top each jelly with a slice of cucumber and a small sprig of mint. Pack into a cooler bag for transporting. Can be made 1 day before serving.
Picnic recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has gelatine leaf, apple juice, golden caster sugar, pimm’s, strawberries, mandarin segment, single cream, semi-skimmed milk, cucumber and mint.