- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 16
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 327
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Fat Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 25g
Pineapple passion bundt
- pineapple - 1 small, ripe pineapple (300g pineapple after trimmings)
- unsalted-butter - 250g unsalted butter, softened
- self-raising-flour - 350g self-raising flour, plus 1 tbsp
- whole-milk - 100ml whole milk
- passion-fruit - seeds and juice of 2 passion fruits
- golden-caster-sugar - 250g golden caster sugar
- egg - 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- vanilla-pod - seeds from 1 vanilla pod, or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- icing-sugar - 100g icing sugar
- passion-fruit - seeds and juice of 1 passion fruit
- whole-milk - 2-3 tsp whole milk
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Top and tail the pineapple, then use aserrated knifeto cut away the skin. Cut the flesh into eight wedges and remove the central core from each wedge. Slice the pineapple into small pieces about the thickness of a PS1 coin, then roast on a baking tray for 20 mins until drier and golden. Leave to cool.
- Rub 1 tbsp of the butter around the inside of a 25cmbundt tin. Sprinkle in 1 tbsp flour, then turn the pan on its side and roll it, tapping gently, to move the flour around and coat the butter. Tap out any excess.
- Mix the milk with the passion fruit and set aside for a few mins - the acidity of the juice will sour the milk a little. With electricbeaters, beat together the rest of the butter and the sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the flour, milk and passion fruit mixture, eggs, vanilla and 1/4 tsp salt. Beat briefly until creamy and smooth, then fold in the pineapple pieces. Spoon the mix into the tin and level the top.
- Bake the bundt for 50-55 mins until risen, golden and a skewer inserted into the deepest part of the cake comes out clean. Sit the tin on a cooling rack until the cake is barely warm.
- Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl, then make a well in the middle and slowly mix in the passion fruit and milk to make a smooth, flowing glaze. Turn the cake onto a plate, brush with the glaze and leave to cool and set.
Easy cake recipe for 16 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has pineapple, unsalted butter, self-raising flour, whole milk, passion fruit, golden caster sugar, egg, vanilla pod, icing sugar, passion fruit and whole milk.Add to Favourites