- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 271
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
- olive-oil - olive oil, for the tin
- bread - 500g pack bread mix
- flour - flour, for dusting
- mature-cheddar - 50g mature cheddar, grated
- tomato-puree - 4 tbsp tomato puree
- basil - handful basil, roughly torn
- pepper - 1 whole roasted pepper, from a jar, cut into strips
- pepperoni - 70g pack pepperoni, chopped
- mozzarella - 125g ball mozzarella, torn into chunks
- Oil a 25cm springform tin. Make up the bread mix following pack instructions.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to an oblong 35 x 22cm using a rolling pin. Spread the tomato puree over the dough (leaving a border of dough plain all the way round), then scatter with the basil, pepper, pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Carefully and firmly roll up from the longest side to make a Swiss roll, then slice evenly into 8 thick pinwheels. Arrange 7 around the edge of the tin and put the eighth in the centre. Cover the tin with cling film and leave in a warm place until well risen. Depending on the heat in the room, this can take up to 1 hr.
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 7. Remove the cling film, scatter with the cheddar and bake for 12-15 mins until golden.
Al fresco recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has olive oil, bread, flour, mature cheddar, tomato purée, basil, pepper, pepperoni and mozzarella.