- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 326
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 36g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.34g
- pistachio - 100g pistachios
- caster-sugar - 140g golden caster sugar
- butter - 140g butter, very soft
- egg - 2 eggs
- self-raising-flour - 140g self-raising flour
- milk - 5 tbsp milk
- edible-glitter - edible glitter, to decorate
- icing-sugar - 250g icing sugar, sifted
- food-colouring - mint green food colouring
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cases. Put 85g pistachios into a food processor with about half the sugar, then whizz until very finely chopped. Tip into a large mixing bowl with the remaining sugar, butter, eggs, flour and milk and beat until smooth. Divide between cases, then bake on a low shelf for 22-25 mins until a skewer poked in comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing, mix just enough water into the icing sugar to get a very thick but still runny icing - just add 1 tbsp of water at a time. Stir in enough food colouring to give a pretty, pale green colour. If any cakes poke above the top of the cases, trim with a small knife, or scoop out with a teaspoon - being very careful not to release any of the case from the sides of the cake. Put a generous spoonful of icing on each cake and let it gently spread to cover. Chop the remaining pistachios and scatter these over with a pinch of edible glitter. Set, then serve.
Cupcake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has pistachio, caster sugar, butter, egg, self-raising flour, milk, edible glitter, icing sugar and food colouring.