- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 16
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 21g
Pistachio, rose & white chocolate blondies
- pistachio - 60g pistachios
- white-chocolate - 150g white chocolate, chopped
- butter - 100g unsalted butter, cubed, plus extra for the tin
- light-brown-soft-sugar - 200g light brown soft sugar
- egg - 2 large eggs
- rosewater - 1/2 -1 tbsp rosewater
- plain-flour - 85g plain flour
- white-chocolate - 100g white chocolate chips
- rose-petals - dried rose petals, to decorate (optional)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and butter and line a 20 x 20cm baking tin. Tip the pistachios into a pan and toast over a medium heat for 3-4 mins until aromatic, tossing occasionally so they don't burn. Set aside.
- Melt the chopped white chocolate and butter together, either in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water or in the microwave in short bursts. Leave to cool slightly, then beat in the brown sugar with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs, mixing well after each addition, then stir in the rosewater and 1/4 tsp salt. Sieve in the flour and gently fold together.
- Roughly chop the cooled pistachios, then add them to the blondie mix and fold in the white chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until set and golden brown, then leave to cool completely before slicing. To serve, scatter with dried rose petals, if you like.
Vegetarian picnic recipe for 16 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has pistachio, white chocolate, butter, light brown soft sugar, egg, rosewater, plain flour, white chocolate and rose petals.Add to Favourites