- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 280
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Sugar Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Pisto con huevos
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 2 onions, finely chopped
- garlic-cloves - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- pepper - 5 mixed peppers, chopped into chunks
- oregano - 1 heaped tsp dried oregano
- thyme - a few thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- bay-leaf - 4 bay leaves
- courgette - 2 courgettes, chopped into chunks
- aubergine - 1 aubergine, chopped into chunks
- tomato - 4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- large-egg - 4 large eggs
- parsley - 1/2 small pack parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish or a cast-iron skillet over a low heat. Add the onions and a sprinkle of salt, cover and cook gently for 15 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 mins.
- Next, throw in the peppers and cook over a medium heat, covered, for about 5 mins, stirring every so often, until the peppers are just tender.
- Mix in the oregano, thyme, bay leaves, some black pepper and a little salt, if needed. Tip in the courgettes and aubergine, combine thoroughly, and cook over a medium heat, covered, for 10 mins. Stir in the tomatoes, cover and cook for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully crack the eggs over the pisto - try not to break the yolks. Cook in the sauce on a medium heat for 5-6 mins until the eggs are cooked through but still a little soft, then scatter with parsley before serving
Healthy egg recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, garlic cloves, pepper, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, courgette, aubergine, tomato, large egg and parsley.