- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 431
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 59g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 1.87g
Pizza Margherita in 4 easy steps
- strong-bread-flour - 300g strong bread flour
- yeast - 1 tsp instant yeast (from a sachet or a tub)
- salt - 1 tsp salt
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- passata - 100ml passata
- basil - handful fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- mozzarella - 125g ball mozzarella, sliced
- parmesan - handful grated or shaved parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- cherry-tomato - handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- basil - handful basil leaves (optional)
- Make the base: Put the flour into alarge bowl, then stir in the yeast and salt. Make a well, pour in 200ml warm water and the olive oil and bring together with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins until smooth. Cover with a tea towel and set aside. You can leave the dough to rise if you like, but it's not essential for a thin crust.
- Make the sauce: Mix the passata, basil and crushed garlic together, then season to taste. Leave to stand at room temperature while you get on with shaping the base.
- Roll outthe dough: If you've let the dough rise, give it a quick knead, then split into two balls. On a floured surface, roll out the dough into large rounds, about 25cm across, using a rolling pin. The dough needs to be very thin as it will rise in the oven. Lift the rounds onto two flouredbaking sheets.
- Top and bake: Heat oven to 240C/fan 220C /gas 8. Put another baking sheet or an upturned baking tray in the oven on the top shelf. Smooth sauce over bases with the back of a spoon. Scatter with cheese and tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and season. Put one pizza, still on its baking sheet, on top of the preheated sheet or tray. Bake for 8-10 mins until crisp. Serve with a little more olive oil, and basil leaves if using. Repeat step for remaining pizza.
Pizza recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has strong bread flour, yeast, salt, olive oil, passata, basil, garlic clove, mozzarella, parmesan, cherry tomato and basil.Add to Favourites