- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 381
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.45g
Plum & almond pudding
- plum - 8 ripe plums, quartered and stoned
- cinnamon - pinch cinnamon
- lemon - zest 2 lemons
- brandy - 4 tbsp brandy (optional)
- butter - 100g soft butter
- brown-sugar - 100g light brown sugar
- egg - 2 eggs
- self-raising-flour - 100g self-raising flour
- almond - 50g ground almonds
- flaked-almond - 3 tbsp flaked almond
- clotted-cream - clotted cream, to serve
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Toss the plums, cinnamon, lemon zest and brandy, if using, together in a bowl, then leave to macerate while you make the batter.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy, add the eggs one at a time, then tip in the flour and ground almonds. Mix until completely combined.
- Tip the fruit into a buttered shallow baking dish, spoon over the cake batter, then sprinkle over the flaked almonds. Bake for 35-40 mins until browned and cooked through. Test if the pudding is ready by inserting a skewer. If it comes out clean, the pudding is ready; if there is some batter on the skewer, then give it a few mins more. Remove from the oven and serve warm with clotted cream.
Seasonal September recipe for 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has plum, cinnamon, lemon, brandy, butter, brown sugar, egg, self-raising flour, almond, flaked almond and clotted cream.