- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 420
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12g
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Sugar Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Plum crumble cake
- butter - 175g butter, at room temperature
- golden-caster-sugar - 175g golden caster sugar
- egg - 3 large eggs
- self-raising-flour - 225g self-raising flour
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- vanilla-extract - 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ground-almond - 100g ground almonds
- soured-cream - 85g soured cream
- plum - 5-6 ripe plums, halved and stoned
- ground-almond - 50g ground almonds
- plain-flour - 50g plain flour
- golden-caster-sugar - 50g golden caster sugar
- butter - 50g butter, chopped into pieces
- soured-cream - soured cream or yogurt, to serve
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 22cm deep, round cake tin (preferably with a loose bottom) with baking parchment.
- First make the topping: put all the crumble ingredients in a bowl and rub together until crumbly.
- For the cake, put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, vanilla, ground almonds and soured cream in a big bowl. Beat with an electric whisk until smooth, then tip into the tin and level the top. Arrange the plums, cut-side up, over the mix, then scatter over the crumble.
- Bake for 50 mins-1 hr on a middle shelf until a skewer poked into the cake mixture comes out clean (plums will remain sticky, however). Cool in the tin for 20 mins, then finish cooling on a wire rack. Serve plain or with soured cream or yogurt. Keeps for 3-4 days in an airtight cake tin.
Fruity cake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, golden caster sugar, egg, self-raising flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, ground almond, soured cream, plum, ground almond, plain flour, golden caster sugar, butter and soured cream.Add to Favourites