- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 383
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 22g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Poached eggs with broccoli, tomatoes & wholemeal flatbread
- broccoli - 100g thin-stemmed broccoli, trimmed and halved
- cherry-tomato - 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- egg - 4 medium free-range eggs (fridge cold)
- flatbreads-(see-goes-well-with-for-recipe) - 2 wholemeal flatbreads (see Goes well with for recipe)
- mixed-seed - 2 tsp mixed seeds (such as sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and linseed)
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- chilli-flakes - good pinch of chilli flakes
- Boil the kettle. Heat oven to 120C/100C fan/gas 1/2 and put an ovenproof plate inside to warm up. Fill a wide-based saucepan one-third full of water from the kettle and bring to the boil. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 mins. Add the tomatoes, return to the boil and cook for 30 secs. Lift out with tongs or a slotted spoon and place on the warm plate in the oven while you poach the eggs.
- Return the water to a gentle simmer. Break the eggs into the pan, one at a time, and cook for 2 1/2 - 3 mins or until the whites are set and the yolks are runny.
- Divide the flatbreads between the two plates and top with the broccoli and tomatoes. Use a slotted spoon to drain the eggs, then place on top. Sprinkle with the seeds and drizzle with the oil. Season with a little black pepper and the chilli flakes, and serve immediately.
High-protein breakfast recipe for 2 people, takes only 6 mins; recipe has broccoli, cherry tomato, egg, flatbreads (see goes well with for recipe), mixed seed, rapeseed oil and chilli flakes.