- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 574
- Fat Content: 29g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Sugar Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 47g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Pork & parsnip traybake
- parsnip - 4 large parsnips (about 500g/1lb 3oz), peeled and cut lengthways into 6
- red-onion - 2 red onions, each cut into 8 wedges through the root
- olive-oil - 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- wholegrain-mustard - 1 1/2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- pork-chop - 4 pork chops, fat trimmed
- clear-honey - 1 1/2 tbsp clear honey
- sage-leaf - small handful sage leaves
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the vegetables in a roasting tin, season and toss with 2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp mustard. Roast for 20 mins. Meanwhile, place a frying pan over a high heat. Season the pork chops and rub with the remaining oil. Fry the chops for 30 secs-1 min each side until just browned - turn on their sides to brown any fat.
- Stir the veg, then place the chops on top and rub them with the remaining mustard. Roast for a further 15 mins. Drizzle with honey and scatter over the sage, then return to the oven for 5 mins or until the pork is cooked through. Serve with the juices from the tin.
Healthy pork recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has parsnip, red onion, olive oil, wholegrain mustard, pork chop, clear honey and sage leaf.