- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 425
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 41g
- Sodium Content: 1.03g
Pork & rosemary lasagne
- olive-oil - 1 tsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- minced-pork - 400g lean minced pork (less than 5% fat)
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- celery - 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- rosemary - 1 tsp dried rosemary
- white-wine - 150ml white wine
- chicken-stock - 425ml chicken stock
- tomato-puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- cornflour - 1 tsp cornflour
- quark - 2 x 250g tubs quark
- skimmed-milk - 250ml skimmed milk
- nutmeg - freshly grated nutmeg
- lasagne - 10 dried lasagne sheets, about 175g/6oz in total
- parmesan - 15g/ 1/2 oz freshly grated parmesan (about 5 tbsp)
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5/fan oven 170C. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the pork and quickly fry until starting to become brown and crumbly. Add the onion, celery, rosemary and wine and bring to the boil. Cover and gently cook for 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add the stock, tomato puree, canned tomatoes, and season. Stir well, then bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes by which time it will be nicely pulpy. Blend the cornflour to a paste with a few drops of water, then add to the pan and cook briefly until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Tip the Quark into a bowl. Give it a stir, then stir in the milk, nutmeg, seasoning.
- Brush a 1.4 litre/2 1/2 pint oblong dish with a little oil. Spoon a third of the meat over the base, then cover with 2 sheets of lasagne, breaking them to fit, if necessary. Try to avoid overlapping. Spread with a third of the sauce, a little parmesan, then 2 more sheets of lasagne. Repeat layers twice more, omitting the last layer of lasagne and finishing with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden and tender.
Lasagne recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has olive oil, minced pork, onion, celery, rosemary, white wine, chicken stock, tomato purée, tomato, cornflour, quark, skimmed milk, nutmeg, lasagne and parmesan.