- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 305
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.53g
- Sugar Content: 20g
Pork tenderloin with chipotle sauce & pickled red onions
- red-onion - 2 red onions, one thickly and one thinly sliced
- lime - juice 2 limes
- oregano - 2 tsp dried oregano
- garlic-clove - 8 fat garlic cloves, unpeeled
- plum-tomato - 6 medium plum tomatoes, halved
- chipotle-paste - 2 tbsp chipotle paste (we used Discovery, available from Waitrose)
- chilli-powder - 2 tbsp chilli powder
- sugar - 3 tbsp soft brown sugar
- pork-tenderloin - 2 pork tenderloins, about 500g each
- coriander - coriander sprigs and warm soft tortillas (flour or corn), to serve
- Place the thinly sliced onion in a bowl with juice 1 lime, half the oregano and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Dry-fry the whole garlic in a non-stick pan until blackened on both sides, about 8 mins, then peel. Heat the grill. Arrange the thickly sliced onion on a baking tray with the tomatoes, cut-side up. Season and grill until blackened, about 8 mins. Tip into a bowl with the garlic, chipotle paste, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tbsp sugar and remaining lime juice. Season and whizz in a blender until smooth. Gently heat through in a pan.
- Rub the pork with the remaining chilli powder, oregano, sugar and seasoning. Grill for 5 mins each side until cooked. Serve sliced in warm tortillas with some sauce, the pickled onions and coriander.
Wrap recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has red onion, lime, oregano, garlic clove, plum tomato, chipotle paste, chilli powder, sugar, pork tenderloin and coriander.