- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 574
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 61g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 41g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Pork with sweet & sour onion sauce
- basmati-rice - 250g mixed basmati rice and wild rice
- pork-fillet - 600g pork fillet, cut into 4cm-thick slices
- black-pepper - 2 tbsp coarse black pepper (freshly ground)
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- red-onion - 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- cider-vinegar - 150ml cider vinegar
- maple-syrup - 75ml maple syrup
- parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- Boil the rice in plenty of water, following pack instructions, until cooked. Drain, return to the pot and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the meat on all sides with the black pepper and some salt. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan. Sear the meat on both sides until nicely browned. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil and the onion to the pan. Cook for 5 mins, then pour in the vinegar and let reduce for 1 min. Stir in the maple syrup, then return the pork to the pan and heat for 5 mins until cooked through. Serve the pork and sauce spooned over the rice and scattered with the parsley.
Healthy pork recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has basmati rice, pork fillet, black pepper, olive oil, red onion, cider vinegar, maple syrup and parsley.