- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 243
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.02g
Potato and pea samosas
- onion - 2 small onions, chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ginger - 4cm-piece fresh ginger, grated
- green-chilli - 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- oil - 4 tbsp oil
- potato - 3 large potatoes, cut into small cubes
- frozen-pea - 100g frozen pea or finely sliced green beans
- coriander - small bunch coriander, leaves chopped
- mango-chutney - mango chutney, to serve
- oil - 2 tbsp oil
- plain-flour - 225g plain flour
- To make the pastry, add the oil to the flour with 100ml warm water and mix to form a dough. Knead briefly and leave to rest for 30 mins.
- Fry the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli together in 2 tbsp oil for 1 min, then add the potatoes. Cook over a low heat, stirring often, until the potatoes are cooked through - add a little water if they begin to stick. Add the peas or beans and cook until tender, then stir in the coriander, season well and leave to cool.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Divide the dough into 8 balls. One by one, roll each ball into a thin circle, then halve to make 2 semi-circles. Use your finger to brush a little water along the straight edges. Hold one and bring the 2 corners together and, using your hand as a cup, seal along the straight edge to form into cones.
- Fill the cones with the potato mix and pinch the tops closed, sealing again with water. Brush with remaining oil on all sides. Put on baking sheet and bake for 20 mins or until the pastry is crisp. Serve with mango chutney.
Low-salt snack recipe for 8 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has onion, garlic clove, ginger, green chilli, oil, potato, frozen pea, coriander, mango chutney, oil and plain flour.