- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 5
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 288
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 3.6g
Potato & dill pancakes with gravadlax
- potato - 1 medium potato (about 250g/10oz), left whole, unpeeled
- plain-flour - 140g/ 5oz plain flour
- egg - 2 eggs
- baking-powder - 1 tbsp baking powder
- oil - oil, for frying
- dill - 1 tbsp chopped dill
- milk - 200ml/ 7fl oz milk
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- red-onion - 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- poppy-seed - 1 tsp poppy seed
- caster-sugar - pinch caster sugar
- dill - 1 tbsp chopped dill, plus extra to serve
- gravadlax - 2 x 145g packs gravadlax
- Cook the potato whole for about 12 mins, until tender but not cooked all the way through. Cool under cold water, then grate with the skin on - you'll need 150g (5 1/4 oz) grated potato. Tip the flour into a large bowl with a pinch of salt and crack in the eggs. Whisk until lump-free. Gradually add the milk, whisking well. Add the potato, dill and the baking powder and stir well.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook 2 tbsp of the batter at a time. When you see tiny bubbles appear on the top, turn and cook on the other side for about 1 min. Keep warm while you cook the rest.
- Meanwhile, mix the salad ingredients. Serve the pancakes topped with gravadlax and the mixed salad.
Christmas brunch recipe for 5 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has potato, plain flour, egg, baking powder, oil, dill, milk, cucumber, red onion, poppy seed, caster sugar, dill and gravadlax.