- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 75
- Fat Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Sugar Content: 0.7g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- potato - 250g cold mashed potato, or 2 medium-size floury potatoes, cut into chunks
- plain-flour - 75g plain flour
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- egg - 2 eggs
- milk - 125ml milk
- chive - 1 rounded tbsp finely snipped chives
- sunflower-oil - 1 tsp sunflower oil
- butter - knob of butter
- bacon - crispy bacon and scrambled eggs to serve, if you like
- If you've got potatoes not mash, cook them in boiling water until tender. Drain well and press through a potato ricer or mash. Weigh out 250g and cool.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder onto cooled mash. Whisk eggs and milk together and add to the potato mix with the chives. Whisk the batter until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 1/2 tsp sunflower oil and a dot of butter. When the fat is hot, start to cook the pancakes. Add 1 tbsp of batter for each pancake and cook 4 at a time. Cook for about 1 min until the underside is golden brown and small bubbles appear.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes in the same way, adding a tiny bit of oil and butter to the pan as and when needed. Serve the pancakes in stacks with creamy scrambled egg and crisp rashers of streaky bacon.
Christmas brunch recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has potato, plain flour, baking powder, egg, milk, chive, sunflower oil, butter and bacon.Add to Favourites