- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 241
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Potato & paprika tortilla
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- new-potato - 250g new potato, ends trimmed, thickly sliced
- onion - 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- smoked-paprika - 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- oregano - 1/2 tsp dried oregano or 3 tbsp chopped parsley, plus a few extra leaves to garnish (optional)
- large-egg - 6 large eggs
- Heat the oil in a deep 20cm non-stick frying pan. Fry the potatoes, onion and garlic for 10 mins until tender. Stir in the paprika and fry for 1 min more.
- Beat the dried or fresh herbs into the eggs with seasoning, then pour into the pan. Stir a couple of times as the egg starts to set on the bottom of the pan, then leave alone to cook slowly over a very low heat for 10 mins until set, except for the very top.
- Carefully slide the tortilla onto a plate. Slide back into the pan, with the uncooked top now on the bottom, and cook for 1-2 mins more. Garnish with parsley, if using, wrap in foil and serve warm or chilled.
Healthy egg recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, new potato, onion, garlic clove, smoked paprika, oregano and large egg.