- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 336
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 2.61g
Potato & Savoy cabbage soup with bacon
- onion - 1 onion
- carrot - 1 carrot
- celery - 1 celery stick
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- potato - 550g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- vegetable-stock - 1l chicken or vegetable stock
- streaky-bacon - 8 rashers streaky bacon
- savoy-cabbage - a quarter medium Savoy cabbage (about 200g/8oz)
- Chop the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in a food processor. Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the vegetables and potatoes, season well, then reduce the heat and cover the pan. Gently cook for about 5 mins until starting to soften, then add the stock, turn up the heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 mins more, or until all the vegetables are tender.
- While the soup is cooking, grill or fry the bacon until crisp, then cut into strips. Shred the cabbage, discarding the core.
- Whizz the soup in the food processor until smooth, then return to the pan and add the cabbage. Simmer for a few mins until the cabbage is just tender, then season to taste and serve scattered with the bacon.
Healthy soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has onion, carrot, celery, garlic clove, olive oil, potato, vegetable stock, streaky bacon and savoy cabbage.