- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 140
- Fat Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.96g
Prawn bruschetta skewers
- prawn - 200g cooked large prawn (you want about 16), defrosted if frozen
- ciabatta - 1/4 ciabatta, focaccia or a baguette loaf, cut into cubes
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- lemon - 1 lemon, halved
- parsley - handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- skewer - 8 skewers
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 1 hr before using. If the skewers are really long, use kitchen scissors to halve. On each skewer, thread the tail of the prawn, then a cube of bread, then the top of the prawn so the prawn loops the bread. If the prawns aren't big enough, just alternate prawns and bread, so each skewer has 2 of each. Drizzle with olive oil and scatter with garlic. The skewers can now be kept in the fridge for several hrs.
- Cook over the hot coals until the bread is toasted. While still on the barbecue, squeeze over the lemon. Then remove, season, drizzle with a bit more oil and scatter with parsley. Arrange on a plate or in a small jar sticking up, with a glass of something light, cold and very fizzy.
Al fresco recipe for 8 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has prawn, ciabatta, olive oil, garlic clove, lemon, parsley and skewer.